Friday, December 7, 2007

Cruise, day 12/7/07

This morning I awoke at five, in other words, it started badly. I stumbled out of bed and hopped into my normal morning shower routine. The morning began to perk up though, with a call from Brittani, my girlfriend. We would talk a few times, dreading the days to come when I would be stranded without phone service (and without my cell for that matter). Finally she had to go to school, and I had to finish packing, so we said our goodbyes.

The airport was nothing special, although I did get to see our plane deiced. Deicing is done by these guys in personal cranes that look very much like the turrets on Star Wars (episode 2) landing vehicles for the clone army. That’s a fun job! Shooting high-powered cannons filled with some extinguisher-looking liquid all day!

The first flight took us to Charlotte, North Carolina where we switched to our second, longer flight to Puerto Rico. I listened to Techno and Alternative music the entire way there, for some reason I really want to start busting a move, probably “the robot,” whenever I fly. Before I get off the subject, I just want to mention that it’s absolutely beautiful if you look out the window of a plane as it soars through the clouds on a decent, its like you’re traveling through a wispy, soft barrier back to earth with the ocean and coast just barely in view through the pillow like clouds. Anyway, the plane landed without delay and we were taxied to our hotel.

This Sheraton that I’m sitting in now is wonderful. We got a very nice room, with a separated lounge and bedroom (which means I can stay up all night whilst my parents sleep!). I think we get a free movie or something off of the On Demand in the room too, but I’ll have to find that out later. Anyway, we dropped our stuff off in the room and almost immediately left to go grab some dinner. Dinner was fabulous; we went to a little Puerto Rican restaurant to get some authentic food. I don’t even really know what I ate, some sort of red meat, but it was very good!

Now I’m sitting back in our hotel room, trying to figure out how this damned television works and talking on Google chat with Bill, Jamie and Marika. I wish that I could call Brittani more then anything, but I guess that’s not possible, so I’ll continue to Email her and look forward nine days in the future when I will get to see her again. I have some pictures that I took today, just a few, but I will upload them anyway for your viewing pleasure.

I don't know if I will have any internet connection on the cruise, but I will upload all of my blogs when I finally am reconnected with my beloved World Wide Web!

No comments: